I have been to a bunch of music festivals but this edition of the Aura fest has a couple of firsts for me. It will be the first festival I have ever flown to, and my first time at the legendary Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park. I have never heard anybody say anything other than amazing things about this venue. From all I have heard it is the perfect spot for a festival, especially as many of us are dealing with a very cold winter.
The lineup is a thing of beauty for me. I don't recall any lineups that I go from top to bottom saying I love this band to just about all of them! They also scheduled perfectly to avoid conflicts (at least for me).
From top to bottom many genres are represented and I am looking forward to many for a variety of reasons. Here are a few bands I am really looking forward to and why. Note these aren't in any specific order.
- Moe. - I love listening to them both on Jam On and full sets but the only time I got to see them they had guests on stage almost the entire show. Don't get me wrong this was unbelievable but I don't feel like I saw a Moe show, just an incredible jam. This gives me an opportunity to change that.
- Dopapod - Every time I see them it is a slightly different dimension, and I am very much looking forward to where they take things with their sets.
- Tauk - I have watched them grow over the past couple years, and they keep getting better and tighter.
- Consider the Source - 3 complete masters of their craft.
- Kung Fu - Incredible talented supergroup, they will bring high energy funk jams.
- Main Squeeze - More funk plus a Michael Jackson tribute set.
There is a great selection of food, drink, craft and merchandise vendors as well as full run of activities if you want to take a break from this great lineup or to fill the morning hours.
Hope to see everyone there!
The Disco Biscuits (two sets)
Moe. (two sets)
Papadosio (two nights)
Break Science Live Band (Adam Deitch, Borahm Lee, Ryan Zoidis, Eric Bloom, Adam Smirnoff, Jesus Coomes)
The Heavy Pets
Consider the Source
The Main Squeeze (x2 including a very special Tribute to Michael Jackson)
The Mike Dillon Band
Pigeons Playing Ping Pong
Artists at large: The Shady Horns
All Photos from 2014 Aura by: Mike Geller
©Grateful Music LLC