- So where does this leave us?
- What do we want out of Summer 2012?
- What do we realistically expect?
- And who has my extra for Bill Graham :)
2. There will be a slight deviation in song choices. Per Page's RS Magazine statement it sounds like they are going to be taking some songs out of the locker. Dusting off some rare treats that come Dick's wont be so dusty anymore.
3. Bonnaroo is going to be a highlight. There I said it. Not a highlight for the Roo- we knew this already, but a tour highlight. I think they bring it. Shit, it's already brought as far as I'm concerned.
4. The Fourth of July, in NYC for all intents and purposes should be a blast, and their NY run will be epic, and fun.
5. I outlined the mid-west as the meat and potatos of Leg1 and I still believe this true, but just like the NFL and any given Sunday, Phish has the way making any night very very special.
6. At first I wasn't thinking too highly of the Atlantic City, Bader Field Shows. Now I will leave you with, I DONT KNOW. (Truly I have no intuition on these shows at all) Except on small footnote: IT IS NOT A PHISH FESTIVAL!
7.The Deer Creek>Alpine Valley 2012 will be stuff of legend.
8.The West Coast is getting some Love, and SF will be awesome even if they open the first night with Possum and close out the nights in this order: Night 1. "Lovin Cup" Night 2. "Tweezer Reprise" Night 3. "First Tube" - ah but that wont happen...not in the City By The Bay...or will it?
9.Missouri is stoked. And DarkStarlight will be a show I am sorry I cannot attend.
10.Welcome aboard Oklahoma. Shit, ya'll might even go to the NBA Finals- so what-a-year! Question: Oklahoma fans- which do you prefer: Phish @ The Zoo or the Thunder winning the Championship?
(See the city, see the zoo anyone?)
11. With my weak Bama roots, I am glad they are gettin' Dirty this year. "SOLD OUT" Those Southern Runs are oh so fun, Charlotte is hot, but the real firestorm will be in Hotlanta! -we knew this.
12. Dick's will be a good night cap and all....but let's not compare it to 2011. Ok, that's impossible. Let's try to NOT compare it to 2011, but secretly wish for an all "H" show. Come on...I dare you to create a full "H" song setlist.